I am a Software Engineer at Rubrik .
Previously, I was a tenure track Faculty at Max Planck Institute for Software Systems from March 2019 to Dec 2020.
From Jan. 2015 to Feb. 2019. I was a Software Engineer at Google Networking Infrastructure Team.
From Nov. 2014 to Jan. 2015, I was a Research Scientist at Intel Labs.
From Mar. 2012 to Mar. 2014, I was a Post-Doctoral Researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK.
I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science at KAIST in 2012 under Sue Moon and KyoungSoo Park.
My research interest in end-host networking support including NIC, Kernel, RDMA, and RPCs.
Since 2012, I researched network performance isolation and congestion control problems with the goal of providing latency guarantees in the datacenter networks.
- Swift: Delay is Simple and Effective for Congestion Control in the Datacenter,
Credit-Scheduled Delay-Bounded Congestion Control for Datacenters
NetBricks: Taking the V out of NFV
E2: A Framework for NFV Applications
Silo: Predictable Message Latencyin the Cloud
Accurate Latency-based Congestion Feedback for Datacenters
NBA (Net-work Balancing Act): A High-performance Packet Processing Framework for Heterogeneous Processors Best Student Paper
Chatty Tenants and the Cloud Network Sharing Problem
SSLShader: Cheap SSL Acceleration with Commodity Processors
PacketShader: A GPU-Accelerated Software Router
Path Stitching: Internet-wide Path and Delay Estimation from Existing Measurements
Evaluation of VoIP Quality over WiBro
Hassan MG Wassel,
- SIGCOMM, Aug. 2020 [PDF]
- DX: Latency-Based Congestion Control for Datacenters
- Scalable and systematic Internet-wide path and delay estimation from existing measurements
- The Power of Batching in the Click Modular Router
- Building a 100 Gbps Software Router with Commodity Hardware
- Implementation and Evaluation of a Mobile PlanetLab Node
- Best-case WiBro Performance for a Single Flow
- 3G and 3.5G Wireless Network Performance Measured from Moving Cars and High-Speed Trains
- Improving Delay Estimation with Path-Stitching
- Design Considerations for a Mobile Testbed
Poster & Demo
Reviving Delay-based TCP for DataCenters
- Towards an Open Middlebox Platform for Modular Function Composition
Modularity Meets Batching: Towars an Experimental Platform for High-speed Software Routers
Accelerating SSL with GPUs Best Poster
PacketShader: Massively Parallel Packet Processing with GPUs to Accelerate Software Routers
Internet Sibilla: Utilizing DNS for Delay Estimation Service
- ExpressPass: End-to-End Credit-based Congestion Control for Datacenters
- SoftNIC: A software NIC to augment hardware
- Dept. EECS, Univ. California, Berkeley, Technical Report, UCB/EECS-2015-155, May. 2015 [PDF]
- Silo: Predictable Message Completion Time in the Cloud
- Path stitching: Scalable and systematic internet-wide path and delay estimation from existing measurements
- "SoftNIC: A Software NIC to Augment Hardware"
- Invited talk @ FUTURE INTERNET FORUM, Oct. 2014
- Invited talk @ Seoul National University, Oct. 2014
- "Silo: Predictable Message Latency in the Cloud," SIGCOMM, Aug 2015
- Invited talk @ Sungkyunkwan University, May. 2014
- Invited talk @ UNIST, Oct. 2015
- "Chatty Tenants and the Cloud Network Sharing Problem," NSDI, Apr 2013
- "SSLShader: Cheap SSL Acceleration with Commodity Processors," NSDI, Apr 2011
- Program Committee
- NSDI 2021
- SIGCOMM 2019
- APNet 2017, 2019, 2020
- HotMiddlebox 2016
- IEEE Transactions on Networking
- ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review
- External Reviewer
- INFOCOM 2017
- SIGCOMM 2015